ABBF works in Disability Inclusion and Empowerment. Through the donations received, we will be able to conduct the following activities PAN INDIA:
1. Popular Sporting Activities:
Introducing cycling and running to PwDs to increase participation in outdoor sports with able bodied volunteers.
2. Curated Special Sporting Activities:
Through the various curated outdoor adventure activities like trekking, camping, scuba diving etc, we create opportunities to interact closely with PwDs, shattering stereotypes and attitudinal barriers around disability among able bodied participants.
3. Awareness Programs: On Rights of PwDs, introduction to various Government schemes and helping them to enroll for UDIDs.
4. Prosthetics and mobility equipment to PwDs: Leading to mainstreaming and economic independence.
The donation will also help in hiring the best staff and equipment required to ensure the smooth functioning of all the activities.
Help us raise funds for our specific needs.
A big thank you to all those who have donated on this page.
Adventures Beyond Barriers Foundation (ABBF) is a not for profit organization that promotes Disability Inclusion and Empowerment through sports. Through adaptive adventure and sports activities, we provide opportunities for people (with and without disability) to come together and experience the adrenaline and camaraderie that only sport has to offer. By spending time outdoors together, we hope to achieve two things –
1. Spread awareness that the spirit of adventure is not impeded by disability
2. Ward off common misconceptions about disability that stem from ignorance and feed popular social stereotypes.
ABBF was founded by Divyanshu Ganatra - a clinical psychologist and corporate facilitator by profession, adventure sportsperson by passion and a self-made social entrepreneur. He also happens to be India's first blind solo paragliding pilot.
Through our outdoor sessions and collaborations, we aim to provide more visibility for people with disability, promoting an environment of openness, sensitivity and empathy. The organic change that we have witnessed is generation of employment opportunities for PwDs. We participate in a range of adventure activities including marathons and running events, tandem cycling, scuba diving, paragliding, trekking and mountaineering.